Thursday, January 20, 2011

Definition Paper

Information for my students to work on their definition papers is up on my website; it can be found here.  There are other genres that those that are listed, to be sure, and students may focus their papers on some of them, subject to instructor approval.

One genre that will be barred, however, is that of progressive rock.  I need one genre for my own use, so that I can produce examples for students without doing their work for them.  Progressive rock is the genre I seem to listen to most, so it is the one that I will take for my own.

An example of a definition paper will probably appear on this blog at a later time.

Definition
Genre /zhän'rə/ (n.)- a type or style, usually applied to forms of art such as literature and music

No comments:

Post a Comment